Thursday, January 29, 2009
82%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?
This is sad people. My parents paid for me to attend college and this is the highest average I've seen since my freshman year. This is not good news for them.
I thought I would throw in some more random pics b/c I tend to be random most of the time:
Not our red barn, but this could be why we lost power in the middle of a freakin' ice storm!
Anna's 2nd Birthday Cake. I did not do this. My friend (and Anna's mommy) Jenny did. I want to be her when I grow up. She is way talented! It took hours to complete and it was oh so yummy!
And here is the mess it left in her poor kitchen. This is why I would pay someone LOTS of money to do a birthday cake.
Remember from my previous blog what I said about being accident prone? Exhibit #1. I broke her glass. I'm a horrible person.
So guess who had to drink their beverage from a plastic cup for the rest of the evening? It wasn't very much fun. I can't blame anyone except for my mom. She should have made me less accident prone as a child.
Okay..that's all I got for today! Have a fabulous weekend~
Monday, January 26, 2009
3. I have a severe case of road rage but it's getting better since I found out that people get shot for this type of behavior. I also have a semi-severe case of cart rage in Wal-Mart. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BRING ALL 10 OF YOUR CHILDREN WITH YOU?
7. I secretly want to be friends IRL with some of the blogs that I follow. I can't say which ones or else they will be scared of me and will probably rightly accuse me of stalking them.
9. Funny blogs are what get me through my day! I have so many blogs on my blog roll that make me laugh on a daily basis...and I'm talking LOL not just LIMH!
11. Sometimes I feel like I'm back in high school and the blogging world is a popularity contest. I LOVE to receive comments! I love to read them over and over! It makes me smile. Do I always leave comments on everything that I read? No...but I should. How do some people get 9,999 followers? I look at my followers (whom I love dearly..thank you) but 18 is nothing compared to 9,999. So in my head I'm the unpopular girl in school. That sucks. But I put on my big girl panties and I deal with it by sippin' on a beverly.
12.I believe in miracles. I've witnessed some amazing miracles in my life and I'm confident that I will witness several more before I die.
13. I have a love/hate relationship with the scale. I love weighing myself to see if I've lost any poundage or cellulite but I hate it when it tells me that I gained weight....AGAIN. I'm thinking about throwing it through the window.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Mom: "Oh, Maddie, your nose is bleeding!"
Me: "Let me grab some tissue."
Adorable son (to me): "Girls always bleed. I don't have any blood in my body."
Me: "Oh, I bet you have a little bit of blood in there don't ya think?"
Adorable son: "Nope. I don't have aaaaaannnnyyyy blood. Only snot. I'm just full of snot."
Monday, January 19, 2009
Bad news: I have bronchitis.
Good news: I'm feeling MUCH better today!
Bad news: M is suffering from the same symptoms that I had last week. Uh-oh.
Good news: My high cholesterol can be fixed with no medication!
Bad news: It requires me to adopt a "healthy eating" lifestyle for SEVERAL MONTHS!
Good news: I went to the gym today and ran (okay jogged) on the treadmill for the first time in 6 days!
Bad news: I felt like my lungs were caving in after 15 min. I was pretty sure it was the end of the road for me. Found out later about the bronchitis and had an "ah-ha!" moment.
Good news: I'm going to a class at the gym tomorrow at 9:00!
Bad news: It's a water aerobics class and I have to get in a bathing suit. Show me a girl has no insecurities about that business and I'll show you a liar! Okay..wait...maybe one or two of you (Annie) are okay with getting in a bathing suit in January RIGHT AFTER THE HOLIDAYS but not this girl.
Good news: I have been faithful to my new "healthy eating" lifestyle change for 3 whole days!
Bad news: I'm pretty sure that I would be willing to do something illegal for a friggin' piece of chocolate!
Good news: I painted my toe nails tonight! FYI: OPI Deer Valley Spice and I go waaaay back!
Bad news: My freakin' toes are freezing and I can't put socks on until the paint is dry.
Good news: I put 2 birthday cards in the mailbox today and I was so excited that they would be arriving to the recipients on time!!!
Bad news: It's MLK Day. No mailman today. Duh.
Good news: I love my new 3-day-a-week job and I really enjoy going to work for Doctor J!
Bad news: I almost electrocuted a patient today. Oops. Sorry!
Good news: I really LOVE watching the Bachelor! He's adorable!
Bad news: I really don't like Megan and I'm really upset that that B is still on there! Ugh!
Good news: I'm really tired and so ready to go to bed!
Bad news: M and Lexi are both snoring.
Good news: I love blogging!
Bad news: I'm out of good news/bad news things to share.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Oh friends...I'm so sick! I thought it was allergies a few days ago but after M checked my throat with the flashlight this morning, that's when I knew it was way worse. White puss pockets are NOT my friends. The multi-colored phlegm that makes an occasional appearance in the sink is NOT my friend either. I think this is what the beginning stages of death may feel like. I'll let you know. In the meantime, if any of you darlings are in or around Small Town, Oklahoma, please note that I could use the following:
- Cherry-flavored cough drops (no other flavor will do, thank you)
- Cool Mist humidifier (this is the one that doesn't leave the vapor dots all over the furniture)
- A giant bag 'o chocolate (don't you judge me for wanting chocolate on my death bed)
- Ambien (I need to sleep without the coughing waking my ass up every 15 min)
- Extra-strong Amoxicillin (I need to kill the bacteria quickly before it spreads!)
- A syringe full of Xanax (for the "relaxation" benefits, ok?)
I'm going to bed now. I used some Lysol wipes on here so you wouldn't get sick. I think I'm highly contagious!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Okay...so better late than never, right? I've been meaning to do my awards that I received from Mamalicious and Miss JC but I guess I forgot until I was tagged by Something in the Glass for a different reason. I'm going to do all 3 right now! So....here we go~
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate 5 blogs that show gratitude or great attitude or both.
3. Be sure to link your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link this post to the person whom you received your award from.
If you've already been awarded then GREAT! You don't have to do it again. If you get awarded and don't want to do it, GREAT! You don't have to! I'll be okay with it.
1) Anniebannanie- I love you for introducing me to the blogging world. You crack me up on a daily basis and I love our gangsta talks! I have GREAT memories from college...like listenin' to the rap as I sat in the gangstamobile and wondered if your boy toy was black or white, watching in disgust as you put cottage cheese on your salad as your dressing of choice, and getting to see that rock of a ring that your boy slipped on your little dainty finger. I hope that one day I'll be as cool of a mamma to my kiddos as you are to yours.
(2) Jenny-I have lots o' love for you and those precious angels that could be part mine too since we both share Chris. You're just like family to me and I love that I get to watch you be in pain for a third time when you push that little baby boy OR girl out in June! Nothing says closeness than getting to see your friend give birf with her legs up in the air. I hope that one day you'll have the opportunity to return the favor and remind me that all the pain has been worth it...except that the drugs should take away the pain, right?
(3) JennyKate--We've been friends since elementary school, we went to church together, we ended up at the same college (you stayed a little longer than myself), we share the love of some Sooner football (even when they play like shiz), and I'm so glad that you are a part of the blogging world. I love reading your blog for your Thursday Thankfuls and Friday Confessions. I love how you are obsessed with Twilight....Jenny ♥ Edward...and I love how you are so dedicated to your family and your beliefs. You are one HOT MESS and I love ya for it!!
4) Katy- I don't even know you but you had my heart when you visited my blog the first time and said how I freaked you out with my chiropractor talk. You always have something funny to say even if you're not trying to be funny. I like that you gave me your honest opinion about Miss Thang...which btw is still with us and has grown on me quite a bit. Thanks for all your advice and helpful comments. YOU ROCK!
(5) ReRe-Here's to a new addition to my blogging family. I have to give this girl an award because she, too, married a YOOPER! (Def: a person living in the upper peninsula of Michigan...waaaay up by Canada where the temperatures will freeze your eyelashes off on any given day between Sept. 1--May 1). I bet she is as funny in person (or possibly funnier) than she is on her blog! She's a tell-it-like-it-is kind of person and that's a quality that I'm lacking so I'm learning from her!
Some of my blogging friends already received this award (if I'm remembering correctly) but I have love for you all too! Thanks for helping me through my crappy days and listening to me complain about life.
Okay...now on to my tag from Something in the Glass..
1. Grab the nearest book (Does my Us Weekly count? Probably not.)
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book...pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag 5 other people to do the same.
Okay...the nearest book to me right now is my journal that I'm trying to write in (as part of my new years resolution) but it doesn't have a page 56 yet (whew) so the next closest book is "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson. (I'm reading this book as part of a book club I joined.)
Page 56 fifth sentence says...
"Some day we're going to nail Herr Wennerstrom so hard Wall Street is going to jump out of its socks. But today Millennium has to get out of the spotlight."
"I know all that, but I don't like coming across as a f*ing b*tch, and you're being forced into a disgusting situation if we pretend that there's some sort of division between you and me."
Okay...so it's a little R-rated. Sorry about that. Not a great book and definitely not one that I would have choosen to read but it's good to read something different every once in a while.
(1) Rosemarie (do you have time to read with active twin girls?)
(2) Kim (miss ya)
(3) Kelli (miss you too)
(4) Renee (start blogging again please)
(5) Cassy (b/c I know you read tons o' books)
If you choose to do this GREAT! If not, GREAT!~ It's just up to you.
Okay...I know you're about to fall asleep from a somewhat boring blog, but just an update for you...
(1) It is a FACT that I have high cholestrol. I had my blood taken again today and it was 288 (up 3 from Tuesday) Ugh. Good bye sugar, good-but-oh-so-bad-for-me food, and red meat. Hello celery sticks, oatmeal and bad-but-oh-so-good-for-me food. *tear*
(2) As part of my new years resolution, I have lost 3.5 pounds this week! YAY ME! I'm aiming for "Skinny Bi*ch" but will settle for "Thinner Bi*ch".
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Nothing would fit me,
not even a blouse.
the chocolate I'd taste
At the holiday parties
had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales
there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store
(less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...
I said to myself, as I only can,
"You can't spend a winter, disguised as a man!"
So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the carrot cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick. (But I had one today)
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
It has taken me the whole weekend to calm down enough to write this letter. Can I ask what the H E double hockey stick you were thinking when you made the call to go for the td on 4th down? Why not a field goal? That was us giving away 3 points!! We've talked about this before. Sometimes you just get too greedy and I don't like it. Not one bit. Did you see what happened after that? Now I understand that you may be moving on to bigger..."mountains"....but you are still our coach for now. (Really...Why would you want to move to such a miserable, cold city like Denver anyways? I mean, their colors are BLUE and ORANGE which are horrible colors on you!) I would love to continue working with you but you have to simmer down a little on the coaching calls and let these boys make some plays! Thanks to you, I had to endure tacky text messages ALL NIGHT LONG and I could not think of a clever comeback to save my life! It was humiliating! Just so you know, I'm not happy with you at the current moment. Please don't try calling me. When I'm ready to forgive you, I will let you know.
Impulsively Yours (which is still subject to change),
Dearest blogging friends,
As most of you can imagine, it has taken me all weekend to recover from this devastating loss. The same is probably true for you as well. I've had to hang my head low and avoid all my anti-OU friends (which I really should do away with having anyways). The night started out great! I made good use of both of my too cute for words koozie's! YAY ME!
But this is me during the 1st quarter with some random new friends. Do you notice anything unusual?
Can you believe that some other hooker had the EXACT SAME cutest koozie as me!!?? NO FREAKIN' WAY! I was NOT happy about that either but I smiled nicely just for the picture.
Now, this is me at the end of the night...right after I threw my empty beer bottles at the big screen tv. Luckily, I've never had good aim.
I did get to enjoy some company with our friends from Texas this weekend! (They are NOT Texas fans...only A&M which is no threat to us.) They only got to stay with us because they didn't mention the game to me when they got here on Friday. I had fun kickin' yo azz at Yahtzee Jenny! Better luck next time! ;-)
Well...I have lots of blogs to read since I haven't been on here all weekend so this is me signing off~
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I like to try and put a positive spin on things in my life because I am a pretty darn blessed girl, thank you to God! I have a great husband who works hard so I don't have to (temporarily of course..hehe). I have a wonderful family (with only one member who is bipolar/schizophrenic who is still equally lovely even while talking to the voices in her head). I have the best friends a girl could ask for (execpt I asked to be friends with Jen Aniston and Reece Witherspoon but they haven't returned my calls yet). I was nominated my very first award twice in one day from some very classy girls that I've never even met before (they could even be psycho's for all I know but I sure do enjoy reading their blogs). Thank you Mamalicious and Miss JC!! I feel way special on a not-so-special day.
TOMORROW NIGHT IS THE OU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!!! Do you know what this means for me????????
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Side note: I used to be a "cutter", but I've been HEALED! Now I avoid knives like the plague.
Any and all advice will be taken into serious consideration. If you are the person/persons responsible for helping me find the cure for this devastating disease, I will make sure you are given a fair amount of press credit and a possible lump sum of money not to exceed 0.5 percent of my total profit. See? I can be VERY generous when I wanna be.
I'm not going to lie....I'm into finding a cure purely for the monetary reward but I also want to stay 25 forever. That's right...I said 25 and not a single one of you will argue this matter with me! Oh...I dare you, Jenny! Bring it on, Annie!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Oh...and this just in! Apparently my new town has some "swingers" which I now know who exactly partakes in those extra-curricular activities, thanks to the dance floor happenings (and the gossip surrounding my ears.) I felt like I could have been in an episode of Swing Town! M was a bit excited but I quickly told him I'm not down with that business.
So, I've decided to make a few resolutions for the New Year. I'm not one to make resolutions b/c I tend to NOT do them and then I'm all pissed off at myself and the rest of the world b/c I failed. I start to feel like a loser which doesn't help w/ my self-esteem issues and then I start talking about suicide and murder and M takes me back to the psych ward and leaves me there with all these crazy people dressed in all white that I slowly start to go insane. Wait...that was only in a dream...nevermind. But I DO want to make some serious resolutions for 2009. Here they are in no particular order:
(1) lose weight
(2) Be nicer to people in general (like during my road-rage episodes or at parties where everyone is drunk)
(3) lose weight
(4) write weekly in my new journal that the MIL bought me
(5) lose weight
(6) quit judging people by what they wear to parties (or maybe quit judging people altogether even though this will be a challege for me to which I will work very hard to accomplish)
(7) lose weight
(8) join a gym in my new town
(9) quit making homemade goodies for no reason other than to use my new Kitchenaid Mixer
(10) and lose weight! (I almost forgot that one!)