Monday, May 18, 2009
I'm leaving for Texas today so I can go camping at Camp Grady Spruce with my old teacher friends and their students. We will be in the wilderness for four whole days (and by wilderness I mean that I will be sleeping in a cabin with a bed, running water and working a/c) so don't feel too bad for me. I will have tons of fun climbing mountains, hiking, fishing, boating, and horseback riding! (And if I play my cards right, I will hopefully lose a few lbs!!)
I promise to read blogs and comment when I get home this weekend, ok?
I'm giving a shout out to all my new followers! If I can score new followers without blogging for a couple of weeks, then I think I should take more breaks!! =)
Have a great week!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
BTW...Clint Black is a tad bit hung up on himself, no? I no longer like him either. He can bite me.
Any Biggest Loser fans? I have to say that I was deeply disturbed at how losing some weight will age you! Jerry and his wife looked 10 years older when they were thinner. This may be my only motivation for keeping a little extra meat on the bones (and a lil cottage cheese on the thighs.) Who wants to look older after losing weight? Not me. DUH. Another disturbing feature was Helen's arms. She looked fantastic at 117 pounds (which is about 100 less than me) but I couldn't stop staring at her wrinkled arms! And how did my girl Tara not win this?? She looked amazing (I may or may not have developed a slight girl crush on her) but she should have won! She let me down and now I have to shell out $200 to my bookie. I bet on her BIG TIME!~
Tara...you owe me $200.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Well....luckily I don't have tons to confess today so this should be short and sweet!
- I am absolutely addicted to Farm Town on Facebook! Next time I see Renee, I'm punching her in the face! This is all her fault. All I think about is my stupid farm! I check it ALL THE TIME to make sure my crops aren't dying. It's very sad people. I need an intervention asap. When I start dreaming about my farm at night, I'm D.O.N.E.
- Due to bullet point number 1, I haven't been reading my normal blogs this week. I suck. I don't need your hate mail. However, I think I'm starting something new. I comment on several blogs, right? I think I may start commenting only on the people that comment on mine. Selfish? Absolutely. But my addictions are OOC and I need time in my day to spend with all of my many addictions. I don't call myself Impulsive Addict for nothin' people!
- I'm still working out (GO ME!) but my alcohol consumption was a little much this week with Cinco de Mayo and no Cinco de Mayo is complete without Mexican food, duh! So eating my weight in chips and salsa doesn't make the cottage cheese fall off these thighs. Plus I'm having a little soiree at my pad tonight with friends and my bff, Al Cohol, so my weight is probably suffering. I don't dare step on the scale this week. Bathing suit weather is right around the corner but I may be swimming in a t-shirt and shorts if I'm not more careful! I need to learn a quick eating disorder. (Just for a little while...not permanently)
- Speaking of Cinco de Mayo, is it wrong to ride a fake burro at a bar? Well, I've done the inappropriate again. Here is a pic for your enjoyment! Until next time friends...
Have a great weekend and HAPPY MOM'S DAY to all my mommy blogger friends! You deserve to be pampered....just this one day though...
Monday, May 4, 2009
1. What is your current obsession?
I wish I could say that I was obsessed with working out but I'm not so I'm gonna go with drinking adult beverages while watching reality tv and reading my Us Weekly.
2. Which item of clothing do you wear most often?
My multiple personalities bickering with each other inside my head.
She likes to drink so she's way cool in my books even though she doesn't remember tagging me. Whatev.
6. Favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere that offers a beach, sand, clear ocean water, a sparkling pool, a spa package for my daily massages, at least 5 bars (one being the swim up bar), good Mexican food, cute cabana boys to serve me my beverages every 30 minutes, a balcony complete with hammock, an ocean front suite with room service available 24 hours a day, a liquor store for purchasing my favorite tequila to be mixed in with my orange juice at breakfast and a place for me to swim with the dolphins. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?
7. What am I reading right now?
I'm typing therefore not reading. DUH.
8. Four words to describe myself.
Fun, alcoholic, outgoing, and sassy. Which word makes you want to be friends with me more?
Wouldn't you dirty minded people like to know! I'm pretty sure I'm not discussing this one with you but thanks for asking.
10. First spring thing to do?
I probably should plant some pretty flowers outside but who has time for that since I work 15 hours per week? I'm way too busy with my guilty pleasures and my drinking and blogging, and facebook and Us Weekly and reality tv.......
Sunday, May 3, 2009
So, yes, I realize that it's no longer Friday but I still have some items to confess so I'm confessing 2 days late...which could even be my first confession! You see, I was
visiting friends and drinking A LOT in Texas for four days VERY BUSY on Friday so please forgive me. Here's my short list for the last week:
- Lately, I've been addicted to yet another horrible song called "Don't Trust Me" by 3OH!3. I have renamed it "Don't Trust a Ho" because that's what it's about. The lyrics are horrible and it may be about me which M was not happy about when I broke the news to him.
- Last weekend, we went out with 3 other couples to one of my favorite Japanese restaurants in Tulsa. We ladies decided it would be a great night to bring out "the girls" for a night on the town so we pranced all over Tulsa pretending we were famous.
This was taken at the Ice Bar at the Cherokee Casino. NO...I don't have a gambling problem just b/c I visited 2 different casinos in 2 weeks. Quit judging me!
(BTW...Rhonda, on my left, was temporarily napping for this photo..the only one that was a decent shot from my phone. Rhonda, I will replace it soon, k?)
- I splurged last Saturday by getting a pedicure and getting my fake solar nails put back on. I should be ashamed of myself. Ironically, I'm not.
- I also "accidentally" splurged again by getting a massage and facial on Thursday. It was a little slice of heaven right here in Smallville and I deserved it, ok? (and it was cheap!)
- On our way to visit our friends Jenny and Chris in Texas on Thursday, M got a speeding ticket. He was going 19 over! I had already warned him about the changed speed limit. It's just like a man not to listen. Well, Mr. Speedy got a SECOND SPEEDING TICKET just a mere 20 minutes later for going 11 over. Are you kidding me? This NEVER happens when I drive. Too bad he couldn't flash some cleavage.
- While staying with our friends, I could have gained 10 pounds. I won't be weighing anytime soon to find out. I will be doing 6 hours of cardio every day this week to burn off the amazing CARROT CAKE that Jenny made just for me! It was the BEST cake in the entire world. I'm pretty sure she could take down Paula Deen and Rachel Ray if there were a contest between all of them.
- Jenny also introduced me to Shipley's Donuts. If you've never had them, you should! They are way better than Crispy Creme and I'm pretty sure they are fat free and low calorie.
- I've been bad about not staying current with my blog reads. Please don't stop following me! I will do better this week I promise!
And now for some award nominations...Thanks to Lady Jane at Trippin Through Life for this Lovely Award!
- Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
- Pass the award to 5 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
My newest blog discoveries would be:
- Shalay at Writefully Yours. She is HILARIOUS! She's my inspiration for purchasing the "BUMP IT".
- Denise at Cautionary Talespin. She's a fellow Okie (HOLLA~) and a beer drinker. What's not to like about that?
- Irene at Fake Engagement. She also likes to drink and she wants to hang out in her bed with a cute boy named Seattle! YUM!
- Coco at Coco's Cuckoo World. She's a fellow teacher and she's funny! She also drinks a fancy drink called a Ruby Red Slipper! I can't wait to try it!
- Lady Jane at Trippin' Through Life. She's incognito like me and she has given her boy toy the name of DUKE! That makes him hot, right? She's also pretty darn funny.
Thank you to Jen @ Another Online Mom for awarding me this award back in MARCH! Yes people, I'm a loser! This should come as no surprise to you but I'm posting it NOW! If you haven't checked out Jen's page, you should! She gives you the 411 on fashion and a little bit of everything else!
The rules are when you receive the Blog Love Award you:
- Should place the logo on your blog proudly
- Link the to the blogger that awarded you the love
- Nominate your friends and bloggers you read regularly, as many as you like
- Let them know you've nominated them to receive the award
So without further ado, I'd like to give some lovings to the following:EVERYONE that's listed to the right because I read ALL OF THEM! (In fact, I probably need to update it to reflect my new peeps that I stalk!)
MEL....I haven't forgotten you! I'm working on your tag as we speak! I will be posting it tomorrow! Everyone else check back b/c I never post back to back. I know you're all shocked. I will then go on hiatus for a while....