Okay....if you're just joining me, I was MISSING IN ACTION for 8 months. Yes, I left my beloved blogging addiction to practice being a good mom. Since that didn't work out, I'm back and have been slowly updating my blogger friends (who have remained faithful followers with me during my MIA status) about my life as a SAHM. And because I'm in SUCH a hurry to catch up to OCTOBER, I've decided to combine August and September together!
This post will consist of LOTS of pictures and a little bit of writing. Please, feel free to skim. I would. Seriously.
- Emma follows me via crawling from room to room. It's cute....until I have to go to the restroom. Then it's not very fun.
- Second experience with flying. (See below)
- Emma began feeding herself. I started out letting her eat an avocado by herself. What was I thinking? It was EVERYWHERE. But she ate it all up!
- Emma said her first word: MOMMA! We've been practicing since she was 3 months old. Being a SAHM paid off. Big time. (Her second word was Hi. The "Daddy" word came 2 months later. SCORE!)
Raise your hand if you've ever been on a plane with a screaming baby?
With M being from Michigan and ALL his family living up there in the NORTH POLE where you're lucky if you get 2 weeks of 90 degree weather in the summer, we fly a lot. This was Emma's second time on a plane was a little bit "louder" than the first.
Okay...pre-Emma, M and I ALWAYS got stuck sitting near a screaming child. We would roll our eyes at each other and on occasion, I've been known to give the baby's momma "the look". You know what look I'm talking about. The look that says "CAN YOU SERIOUSLY NOT MAKE YOUR BABY STOP CRYING SO I CAN
TAKE A NAP READ MY BOOK" look. I'm ashamed...now. Because guess who had a screaming baby this time? Us. But not for long. She did better than expected. But doesn't she look peaceful while sleeping? Our fellow plane passengers agreed.
I had to take a picture of Emma in this 1976's model high chair that her daddy used. Boy, how times have changed. FYI: Because the strap was broken, she slid RIGHT OUT of this ancient high chair onto the floor. Only once. Poor thing.
We went out to the family camp. Yes, momma was VERY nervous about this picture. That water was not only freezing but DISGUSTING. Ewww!
Emma thought I gave her a Popsicle because all she wanted to do was eat this pretty flower but I managed to get one sweet picture out of the deal. =)
Here is Emma with her beautiful Gramma Allen. This was the last day of our visit and she was super sad to see her one and only grandbaby leave. We'll be back for Christmas!
- Emma's vocal sounds are in full effect...aka LET THE JABBERING BEGIN.
- First PAID babysitter--and it was a success!
- She started standing alone without assistance
- She began holding her own bottle (but I secretly still like to do it at nighttime)
- 9 month check-up stats; 19 pounds and 28 inches. Height and weight measurements never meant anything to me until it was regarding my own daughter. I just wanted to throw it in here.
- Walks with her "walker"
- Waves bye-bye and I kid you not, it's ADORABLE!
September means the start of OU/PACKER football season. We are ready for the first game! BOOMER SOONER!
Emma and cousin B having a blast at the Annual Impulsive Reunion.
Just one more OU pic...
"Somebody" found out how to open a drawer. Let the fun times begin!
Emma has the coolest Nana and PawPaw. How many grandparents come for a visit on a Harley? He's a toys-r-us kid and he doesn't wanna grow up. =)
Emma's favorite toy: Her walker. She reminds me of a cute little old lady pushing a walker. FYI: It has an "ENGLISH" setting and a "SPANISH" setting. I'm not even kidding.
Hmmmm.....does she look like her daddy much? Blah. I know. =(
Being the princess she is at her cousin's 1st birthday party
Of course Emma managed to make it in SEVERAL of B's birthday pics because she demands being center of attention. Just kidding. It's because of all the cool presents....
...and all the cool shoes. Aww..she IS like her momma after all. =)
Here are three of Em's 9 month pics. I ordered 20 poses.
Impulsive Addictions are just in my blood.
A hand-me-down dress worked GREAT for her outdoor pics!
BOOMER SOONER BABY!
Momma's cutest cupcake!
GUESS WHAT?? I'M ALL CAUGHT UP! Time to pop the top on a beer...or pop a cork on a bottle of cheap wine. Either way, I'll be celebrating!
That's all I got for now. I've got some more blog stalking to do....
Have a safe and fun Halloween weekend!